Friday, October 17, 2008

In Memory of Julie Schmutz


It seems like only yesterday my mom was helping Julie wrap her arms and going to Sonic on a daily basis to get their Route 44 Diet Coke with lime..... I cannot believe it has been one year since Julie passed. I dont think I will ever forget that night....I was sleeping on the couch and woke up to Tiffini shaking me telling me, "walk up Julie just died, mom and dad just went up to say goodbye". It was the day that I hoped and prayed would not happen but it was true as much as I didnt want to believe it Julie returned home. It was a bitter sweet feeling, she wasnt hurting anymore and thats what mattered the most.

What I would I do if I didnt have the memories....wow I am so thankful that my mom and Julie were best friends. I looked to Julie as a mom. When my mom got surgery on her knees or anytime she was in the hospital Julie was the mom. I will never forget the umbrella! I was terrified of her for so many years because she would tell us if we don't help out she will hit us with her umbrella. Wow was I really scared of her!

To this day it is still hard for me believe that she is gone. I keep thinking she is just at home in bed and will come down any day to say hi. Im still waiting for that day....

Julie, I love you and miss you and hope to see you again.

2 comments:

Kelly Krew said...

Cassie, I am really sorry you are sad today due to the 1 year anniversary of Julie! I know she is happy to know how many people just like you think of her on a daily basis and miss her so much. You are a wonderful person and I think she is very happy to have you and your sisters included as her daughters!

KYLEE VERA. said...

cassie your evil lol. i just red that and now im crying thats haha. i miss her so much and yeah she was a mom to all of us. i dont think i could ever look at there house the same way again because i always hope to see her standing outside of it. but she is always with us she was a great mom.