Friday, August 21, 2009

Grandma Bone



Today is the anniversary of my Grandma Bone's death. Not quite sure how many years she has been gone. I still remember the day she died. It was a Sunday morning I was in mine and Mindi's room playing Barbies before we had to head to church, next thing I know my mom goes running into her room crying and my dad immediately follows. Me being as young as I was didnt know what was going on. After a little while my dad came out gathered us all together and told us Grandma Bone had died in the night. She went up north to visit her sister (I think it was her sister) got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and didnt make it back to her bed. Her sister found her later on.

My best memory of my Grandma actually happened not too long before she died. My grandma invited me and Mindi to sleep at her house and told us she would teach us how to crochet...my grandma later found out that was a bad idea...she kept getting mad at me because I would either do it too tight or too loose so she told me she would teach me when I was older. So needless to say to this day I don't exactly know how to crochet anything but a rope....But man can I crochet a mean rope :)

I have tons of memories from the summer times when my cousins would come down and stay at my grandmas. Here are some of them:

** walking to the gas station (thanks to my cousin Cathy I had my first taste of Dr. Pepper on the walk back from the gas station when my parents werent around:D)

** going to the park

** playing in the cherry trees (until we would get yelled at for playing in the cherry trees)

** going to the Nature Walk

** throwing stuff into the neighbors pool

** playing with her gold coins

I miss and Love you Grandma!

5 comments:

The McMullin Family said...

I miss grandma and grandpa too. I remember she came with us in our car up to Salt Lake. We were going to uncle stevens sons homecoming or farewell and we were told she died before church started. It was a sad day :(

Kesha and Kenny said...

All your favorite memories are my favorite memories as well. Except I don't remember ever throwing things into the neighbor's pool. Where was I on that one?! I always thought Grandma fell asleep and never woke up. Was I too young and nobody told me the truth!

Britt said...

I remember that day too. I remember the night before we dropped her off at her sister's house, since she rode up with us and she said, "bye Brittani," and I just pretended to be asleep and ignored her. I have always regretted that. Now, I have OCD and I can't go to sleep without telling my family members I love them or leave siblings and parents without hugging them just in case.

Tiffini said...

I remember all those things, Especially the darn neighbor boy throwing the stuff back. Did you know it was grandpa's birthday on the 18th? I never realized she died that close to his birthday. I also remember when we went up to SLC for the funeral we got to miss the whole week of school, and got to be with all the cousins. That was alot of fun! I"m grateful she let me and Stephaine stay many summers with her, thank goodness she had patience for us because I learned alot from her. I always miss her!!

Melissa said...

sad stuff. I vaguely remember. I remember waking up and it just being a really somber mood. She made some of her mints the day before for Kari's wedding which was a few days later. I remember tons of cousins coming and staying our our house. It was fun but sad.