Friday, December 5, 2008

Its not a 'Goodbye'....Its a 'See You Soon'....

I have to start off by saying how thankful I am for my family. My dad's family is so amazing! At the funeral service for my grandpa, my grandpas bishop, who was preciding the service, got up to make a few comments and he mention how he was so amazed at the Mortuary it was more of a celebration than a viewing. He said "I have never in my life been to a viewing that everyone was laughing, smiling, and crying. It really was a celebration. Usually you go to these things and everyone is so sad to see someone pass on but not with you all. You can tell just from being around everyone what a close family you all are." That I am very thankful for. The funeral wasnt so much us saying goodbye but a celebration that my grandpa has rejoined the love of his life, his father that died when he was 4, and his mother. If anyone has ever had the oppurtunity to be around anyone in my dad's family you will know what I mean when I say they are all very crazy :) They are such a close family and I love it! I love all 21 Aunt's and Uncles so much (yes, 21 AUNT Karen). Below are a few pictures from the viewing, the funeral, the lunchin.


At the Funeral before the Family Prayer


My Family at the Lunchin


My Uncle Mike, My Dad, and my nephew Aiden at the Viewing


My Dad's Family in the line at the Viewing

2 comments:

sexy_rexy said...

Hey Cassie its me Steve Mc the bro you never had :)
Great comments I knew your grandpa,
Great man...

Hope you and your fam are well.

Josh and Kensey said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss!! I'm glad your family is so close together, it helps out in hard times!!