Friday, July 16, 2010

Chelsi's Run

I had the opportunity to participate in the 5K walk/run for Chelsi Petersen last night. What an amazing opportunity that was! I had never met Chelsi before but just being at the run last night listening to some of the stories that friends & families were sharing with each other as I passed by them gave me a good idea as to what an amazing person she was. It made me step back and take a look at my life.

I take for granted allot that I have, not always realizing how easy they can all be taken away. There are days when I start to think "Why does this have to happen to me?" or I just want to give up, go back to bed and pray for tomorrow to come fast! I am so thankful for everything I have and everything I have been able to experience in my life. I would not be the person I am today if it werent for my parents! I have made alot of mistakes, and still do, but with every mistake I have and do make they are always there with open arms and open ears ready to listen and give me the advise I need to hear (usually I dont want to hear it). Even though my dad refers to me as "his mistake" I am glad he made the mistake and I was blessed with such an amazing family!! I have the best brother and sisters in the world and would not change my life or family for anything!!!! I know I dont ever tell my family how much I love them and just how much they really do mean to me but I could not get through the day without them.

Dad -
* Hard Worker
* Special at times, which makes for great entertainment
* Gives the best advice!!
* Such an Example to me! If I were to ever find a man to marry that is anything like my dad I will truly be blessed and happy forever!
* The BEST father/grandpa and friend!

Mom -
* Most Selfless person!
* Has the worlds biggest heart
* As much as she has gone through the past 3-4 years, she has stayed strong threw it all! Even at those times when she wanted to give up.
* Such an example to me....I have always said I want to be like my mom when I grow up and I TRULY pray everyday that I can be half the person she is today!!
* The BEST mother/grandma and friend!!

Jason -
* Most giving, sincere person ever!
* Would drop anything if one of his sisters called him for advise.
* Has the cutest kids ever!!

Tiffini -
* The most non-judgmental person I know!
* Selfless and very giving
* The best hair stylist (she saved my hair!), seamstress, mother and sister.

Mindi -
* My best friend!!
* Never a dull moment when she is around
* Such a strong person...sometimes I don't think she realizes this.

Kesha -
* Amazing Photographer
* Like Mindi, never a dull moment when she is around
* I look up to her, she is an great example.

Kylee -
* Been through allot in her life, and stays strong through it all
* I have never really spent the time to get to know her till recently and I am learning what an amazing person she really is.
* She has the best personality EVER!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SUCH GREAT EXAMPLES TO ME! I LOVE YOU!!!


4 comments:

Tiffini said...

Thanks make a pregnant women cry!! I'd have to agree what an amazing family we do have. Even though we have to work at it at times, and it's what makes a stronger we're all wonderful :)
I'd have to say you are a very strong person as well, and have a lot of Mom's qualities, very giving. Even though at times it's a stubborn and hard headed, but that's what makes you strong to make it. I appreciate all you do for me and especially the love you show to Hailey she truly loves you and I will tell you, you are her favorite.
Kory enjoys your company as well for this I am glad or he'd really have a hard time visiting :)
We love you and appreciate all you are and all you do!!

Kesha and Kenny said...

Geez get me all choked up! I love you too Cassie. Even though our family is crazy and dramatic I truelly don't think I'd ever trade you guys for the world! Our family is so close it's hard for a lot of people to understand our connections with each other. That's what makes us so special! You are a great person, so strong and you have so much willpower! Sometimes I swear you have a kid magnet on you. They are always so drawn to you. Keep going on the path you're following and you will have no limitations in life!

Gull Family said...

Cassie Thank You and you are Awesome

Brittani Terry said...

I remember Chelsi from dance. She did dance at Diamond Talent. I had no idea she had been killed and I went to see a diamond talent recital last year and that is when I found out. Crazy.